Monday, October 1, 2007

NBC+United=No Sleep

I fly alot. Some times I fly red-eyes. I don't mind them that much, usually. This last flight from SAN to IAD really pissed me off. The flight left at 10:10 PST. That means we were in the air at about 11:00 PST after all the fucking about on the ground was done.

Thats not my normal bed time, but no prob, its been a long night, so fuck it. May as well try to sleep.

After about 10 minutes I realized that was not going to happen. The in-flight Hollywood turd-sandwich of a move was on... The Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer needed to be shown to a flight full of adults wanting to go to sleep and the brightest LCDs ever invented (even if they had a viewing angle of +/- .05 deg)

First a bit about the movie, then on with the rest of my rant. TFFRSS (even as an abbreviation the title is too long) is the worst movie ever made. The dialog must have been written by Stephen Spielberg's 8 year-old daughter, cause it made the Phantom Menace seem like fucking Shakespeare:

"It is known by many names. My people call it - Gah Lak Tus, The Devourer of Worlds. It must feed on energy to survive, both thermal and organic." Says Gollum who after getting a surfboard that turns him silver. Its also known as the black cloud from the 5th Element.

Anyway, it was so bad, I had to watch it to the end. The silver surfer explodes, and kills the planet eating cloud. There, now you don't have to see it. Spoiler Alert BTW.

So after that turd of a movie ended, The TVs went dark, and finally I could get some sleep.

After about 15 minutes, the airline waitress realized that "Hey, these people look comfortable and relaxed, NBC will be pissed we aren't force feeding them advertisements. So in the tape goes, and we get exposed to NBCs new season line up.

FUCK.

I cant sleep when TVs are on.

So here it is, the show everyone needs to watch on NBC, Quantum Leap! Except it takes place in San Fransisco, Doesn't have a computer named Ziggy, is called Journeyman, and blows donkey balls. It consists of this albino flashing back in time and wondering why his cell phone wont work, over and over again. Seriously there were like 25 shots of his cell phone with no signal. Maybe he can go back in time and kill Jeff Zuckers parents and save us from this garbage

So, I watched crappy ass TV all the way back to IAD

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like I'll have a chance to watch The Fantastic Fantom Surfer on my flight tomorrow. Rockin.