Monday, October 1, 2007

Back From The Dead


IMG_3187.JPG
Originally uploaded by prioret
This weekend I started the process to bring my race car back from the dead.

Last year, the first weekend I had the car on the track I blew up the engine. I knew it was coming. The engine was about 29 years old, and not really worth rebuilding for racing. I was hoping to get a whole weekend out of it. I got half that.

Now, thanks to ebay, I have a new(er) engine. I sent it off to the builders to race prep it a few weeks ago. This weekend, I had the car brought to the shop.

This week I will pull the old engine out and get it ready for the new one.

Some info on the car: Its a 1977 Porsche 924. It was my daily driver back in college. I'm its second owner. I have spent the last few years getting it ready to race in the SCCA, ITB class. Its been stripped down, a roll cage has been installed along with a fuel cell (cause dieing a fiery death isn't fun) Racing gauges and controls have been installed, major suspension work, and a custom exhaust system have been installed.

I still have more suspension work to do, along with the engine replacement, and maybe a fire suppression system.

More updates to come.

No comments: